CMPG WebMasters Corner. Bouquet & Brickbats:
First of all, a warm welcome to all who have made the long and arduous trip to this little segment of the www.cmpg.org …………
My intent, other then a sounding board for me is to have a unique page that will highlight, and document, any changes to the core CMPG Website via a link to the CMPG_changelog.doc file. This page when fully implemented, will also allow members to comment on content, request potential changes to the site. In short a place to praise or complain about this (your ) website, as you see fit.
Note: Taking over administration of a website such as this a very reminiscent to adopting a loved child after a parents departure. The prior webmaster devoted 7 long year of his lift to, creating, authoring, and nourishing this website to it current state of build. The fruit of his labor is a fine example of an organization content type of website. My number 1 concern is to maintain the websites’ integrity, while exploring it’s nuances and peculiarities of it core design platform “WordPress”. To this end I’ve taken some 6 hours of online WordPress training on Lynda.com. , leaving me with a new respect for this community designed software and understanding of it’s potential and capabilities. Changes as/if they come will be done with minimum impact to the overall structure and mission of the website.
CMPG Monthly Web Stats _still working on a proper delivery method
- Final Configuration set for NGG Voting. Old voted removed from system, In process of removing voting options for member galleries.
- Upgraded to e2Members plug to control Membership and Paypal Transactions.
- Upgraded to the latest version of WP 3.3.1. Added a page that displays images from the CMPG Flckr site.
- Working to redefine and clean up the CMPG’s mailing list.
- Slight modification to the member self-signin page to inform full member rights will not be assigned until dues (or by executive direction ) are received to the Sec_Tres.
- Installed SEO (Search Engine Optimization) tools
- Installed “Plugin List” to list installed plugins – Bottom of page.
- Installed plugin to display website to ipads
- Still working on cleaning up dated material
- Installed plugin to allow posts on pages.
- Working on method to make web statistics available to all members
- Added functionality to allow poster to also sent a tweet to CMPG_MD twitter account.
- Started posting the CMPG business card in empty galleries. Why? I hate empty galleries.
- updated Officers page to reflect current it’s current configuration.
- Removed the PayPal option at the request of the Guild’s Chairman.
- Cleaned up members list to reflect only paid up individuals
- Cleaned up galleries. Removed galleries of all non current, paid up members.
- Freshened & removed expired content from website.
- Created an archive page to house all previous Guild outing and events
- Changed some view options on entry page.
- Installed plug-in that will allow smart phones (iphone/Androids/other ) to view the website as a RSS feed - still working on final configuration
- Made this page
List of installed Plugins
- Akismet by Automattic.
- amr users by anmari.
- Artiss Plugins List by David Artiss.
- Awesome Flickr Gallery by Ronak Gandhi.
- BannerMan by Chris Taylor.
- Captcha by BestWebSoft.
- Cleaner Gallery by Justin Tadlock.
- Contact Form 7 by Takayuki Miyoshi.
- Cryptographp by Leo Cacheux.
- Easy Contact by Scott Allan Wallick.
- Error Log Dashboard Widget by Andrey "Rarst" Savchenko.
- Events Manager by Marcus Sykes.
- Events Manager Pro by NetWebLogic.
- Exec-PHP by Sören Weber.
- Flickr mini gallery by Felipe Skroski.
- GigPress by Derek Hogue.
- Gravatar by Tom Werner.
- Inline Posts by Aral Balkan.
- Members List by Matthew Praetzel.
- NextGEN Custom Fields by Shaun Alberts.
- NextGEN Gallery by Photocrati.
- NextGEN Gallery Search by Marco Piccardo.
- NextGEN Gallery Sidebar Widget by Mathias Geat.
- NextGEN Gallery Voting by Shaun Alberts.
- Onswipe by Onswipe .
- RAD Dropbox Uploader by af Web Design.
- Random File by Scott Reilly.
- Role Manager by Thomas Schneider.
- s2Member® Framework by s2Member® / WebSharks, Inc..
- Shutter Reloaded by Andrew Ozz.
- Simple:Press by Andy Staines & Steve Klasen.
- Social by Crowd Favorite.
- Socialite by Ryan Gilfether .
- Twitter Tools by Crowd Favorite.
- User Access Manager by Alexander Schneider.
- User Access Manager - NextGEN Gallery Extension by Alexander Schneider.
- Users to CSV by Joost de Valk.
- Vimeography by Dave Kiss.
- WordPress Database Backup by Austin Matzko.
- Wordpress Thread Comment by 偶爱偶家.
- WP-CopyProtect [Protect your blog posts] by Chetan Gole.
- WP-EMail by Lester 'GaMerZ' Chan.
- WP-InstantBackup by Andrew Forster & Nick Young.
- WP-Print by Lester 'GaMerZ' Chan.
- WP-reCAPTCHA by Jorge Peña.
- wpClassified by Mohammad Forgani.
- WP FullCalendar by Marcus Sykes.
- WP Maintenance Mode by Frank Bültge.
- WP Show IDs by PriMoThemes.com / WebSharks, Inc..
- WP Simple Survey by Richard Royal.
- WPtouch by BraveNewCode Inc..
Email This Page